About the Scholarship
The Association of Old Crows (AOC) Educational Foundation (AEF) will be providing two scholarships to college students studying in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). These scholarships are funded by a $25,000 donation from the Raytheon Corporation. Two scholarships in the amount of $12,500 each will be awarded in May 2019.
About the AOC Educational Foundation
The scholarship program is administered by the AOC Educational Foundation, a 501(c)3 education foundation. For more information on the AOC, its leadership and activities, as well as the educational foundation, please visit www.crows.org.
• Applicant must be a US citizen
• Applicants shall be registered as a full-time student in sophomore or junior year of matriculated undergraduate STEM study at time of application submission in an accredited college/university.
• Academic excellence in STEM area of study preferably in signals collection, signals processing, cyber technologies (offensive/defensive), electronic transmission & receipt of signals, spectrum visualization
• Applicant should have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
• Interest and potential future contribution to national defense (Based on student essay)
Deadline and Award Notice
• Applications and accompanying paperwork must be received NO LATER THAN , March 31 , 2019.
• The scholarship awardee will be announced end of May 2019.
• The scholarship will be awarded through the selected student’s educational institution in the student’s name for the Fall Semester 2019.
Fill the application, Submit a short essay of not more than two pages (12-point font, double-spaced) on your interests with regard to National Defense. Specifically, address how your interests and education objectives will support future contributions to National Defense. Examples include interests in Electronic Warfare (EW), Information Operations (IO), Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO) and Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA).
Include at least one academic reference. You may submit more than two references; however, applications with more than two references will not receive special preference.
Recommendations must be received directly from the reference (not the applicant). Ensure the individual providing the reference identifies the student for whom they are providing the reference.
What criteria are used to select the scholarship winners?
Selection of the applicants shall be based on:
• Academic excellence in STEM area of study
• Interest and potential future contribution to national defense. (Based on the student essay)
• If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact:
Chair, Scholarship Committee
AOC Education Foundation
Who selects the scholarship winners?
Students are selected by an independent organization. The selection shall be made by unbiased, independent group not affiliated with the Educational Foundation or the AOC. The selected student names, degree program, expected graduation year, essay and nominations (if any) will be presented to the AEF Scholarship Committee for routine confirmation of the selection process. No financial information is requested.